Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Congratulations, You're Parents!

Another day in the books! Another day closer to coming home to Baba! We went back to the registration office today to finalize the adoption. This wasn't easy because you could tell Gabe recognized it as the source of hardship yesterday. Yesterday I signed paperwork that made me his legal guardian, but today I was granted paperwork making Tim and I his parents. The adoption is complete. 

The next stop for the day was the notary office. He had been fussy and wanted out of the toddler carrier (against my belly) in the bus but then he fell asleep and I couldn't get him back in. So up 6 flights of stairs we trouped with him asleep in my arms. 

The rest of the day passed pretty easily with lunch, snacks, nap, and lots and lots of playtime. Tomorrow is going to be a bugger. We have to travel 3.5 hours by van to his birth city to pick up his passport. It figures to be an 8 hour day of nothing but travel and appointments. Here's a few pics from our day!








6 comments:

  1. Wow! It sounds like you need not only emotional and mental stamina, but also a serious physical training regimen to prepare you for hauling around a strong toddler! (I didn't think of that angle.) You are gonna be one fit mama. Congrats on completing the adoption.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! In these pictures it already looks like he's forever been in your arms...so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second what Paula said. You two were obviously meant to be together. He is BEAUTIFUL, Kerry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy for you you guys! What a remarkable journey together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such sweet pictures. So happy for you mama!

    ReplyDelete